1. Check your diet and clean it up. Remove all fatty foods including bad carbs, fried foods, cakes, sweets and sodas. Bad carbs high in saturated fats are the number one culprit keeping you from loosing weight.
2. Are you sleeping enough? We all need a minimum of 6 to 7 hours nightly. A rested body leads to a rested mind, which in return leads to better focus.
3. Find a particular saying or quote to wake up to daily that will motivate you. For example, one of my clients used, “Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.” It was here favourite quote and it kept her going!
4. Are you consuming more calories then you are active? Get active and check your calorie intake. You may be consuming more calories than your body needs or maybe not consuming enough.
5. Reward yourself with a day spa, a massage, a new dress, or something just for you that is not food related.
6. Avoid eating out at restaurants. Try to preplan and prepare your meals from home. Have the occasional dining out left to weekends.
7. Be around like minded people who will support you and not sabotage your goals. They are the ones that normally say, “Go on, one piece of cake won’t hurt.” The reality is, that one piece of cake will not lead you any steps closer to your goal, so best to commit your time to discipline and not commit a crime to indulging.
8. Lift weights! I don’t mean lift heavy. I mean lift challenging weights. The ones that will make you break a sweat and build muscle.
9. Keep your workouts mixed and challenging. Incorporate circuits, cardio, weight and functional training to help you shed that extra weight or sculpt your body the way you want.
10. Don’t give up! Consistency is key. You can’t try one week and give up the next. You have to be accountable for over the next 4 to 12 weeks and make health and fitness a lifestyle that will continue with you everywhere you go.
1. Always be involved in sports from a young age! Most parents will encourage you too! Listen to them!
2. Working or having a job is not an excuse not to workout! So have your workout clothes by your bedside the night before or in your car. Workout before you head to work, or workout before you head home right after work!
3. Before marriage, after marriage, before kids, or after kids, obstacles, bumps on the road, (should only make you stronger and should be no excuse to neglect your health) Always keep moving, keep your head held high and never let yourself go!
4. When you’re a tired Mom working at trying to balance family, work and kids, don’t forget you exist too! Take care of you, as much as you take care of your family.
5. Drink plenty of water. Make at least 80 percent of healthy choices 6 days out of the week. Never neglect your greens and eat protein at every meal!
6. Sleep at least 7 to 8 hours a day. If you can’t, there are 16 more hours in the day to find time to rejuvenate and replenish your energy. Sleep is your number one aim to relieve stress and make it through the day.
7. Prioritise your time well. List what is important for YOU! What is important for your family! What is important has to always be at the top of your list! Eliminate anything else that is NOT important!
8. Lay out in the sun, or go outdoors and get 15 minutes of vitamin D as often as you can!! Almost daily if possible.
9. Spoil yourself. Get a massage! You deserve it!
10. Eliminate stress from your life as often as you can! Easier said then done, but you’ll know what is not bringing you joy. So don’t do it!