1. Always be involved in sports from a young age! Most parents will encourage you too! Listen to them!
2. Working or having a job is not an excuse not to workout! So have your workout clothes by your bedside the night before or in your car. Workout before you head to work, or workout before you head home right after work!
3. Before marriage, after marriage, before kids, or after kids, obstacles, bumps on the road, (should only make you stronger and should be no excuse to neglect your health) Always keep moving, keep your head held high and never let yourself go!
4. When you’re a tired Mom working at trying to balance family, work and kids, don’t forget you exist too! Take care of you, as much as you take care of your family.
5. Drink plenty of water. Make at least 80 percent of healthy choices 6 days out of the week. Never neglect your greens and eat protein at every meal!
6. Sleep at least 7 to 8 hours a day. If you can’t, there are 16 more hours in the day to find time to rejuvenate and replenish your energy. Sleep is your number one aim to relieve stress and make it through the day.
7. Prioritise your time well. List what is important for YOU! What is important for your family! What is important has to always be at the top of your list! Eliminate anything else that is NOT important!
8. Lay out in the sun, or go outdoors and get 15 minutes of vitamin D as often as you can!! Almost daily if possible.
9. Spoil yourself. Get a massage! You deserve it!
10. Eliminate stress from your life as often as you can! Easier said then done, but you’ll know what is not bringing you joy. So don’t do it!