1. Breastfeed – Nursing will help you to regain your figure more quickly, since the process of lactation causes the uterus,which has increased during pregnancy to about 20 times its normal size, to shrink more quickly to its pre-pregnancy size. “
2. Sleep when your baby sleeps.
3. The most important fluid you’ll need to drink is water. Drink plenty of it!
4. Avoid skipping meals and eat well. Include protein at every meal. 2 to 3 fruits and 3 to 5 servings of vegetables daily. Eat only good carbs including sweet potatoes, brown rice or pasta, brown bread and oatmeal has great fuelling power.
5. Go outside daily. Nothing like fresh air after being cooped up indoors washing baby bottles and changing diapers.
6. Try not to be a Super Mom! Multitask but don’t think everything has to be done in one day. There is always tomorrow.
7. As soon as the doctor gives you clearance, join a Fitness class. Be around people who will motivate you and you’ll get back to pre-pregnancy shape in no time.
8. Get 15 minutes of sunlight daily. A nice tan, always makes you feel better and look a few kilos lighter.
9. Lift weights. Cardio is a great way to shed all those extra kilos but lifting weights is a sure way to sculpt, lift, tone and tighten all those loose areas including arms, tummy, butt and thighs.
10. Give yourself time. Be patient. Allow your body to return back to what it once was with time. The cliche’, “9 months up/ 9 months down”, stands true. Some may need more time then others. Give yourself that time.