1. Check your diet and clean it up. Remove all fatty foods including bad carbs, fried foods, cakes, sweets and sodas. Bad carbs high in saturated fats are the number one culprit keeping you from loosing weight.
2. Are you sleeping enough? We all need a minimum of 6 to 7 hours nightly. A rested body leads to a rested mind, which in return leads to better focus.
3. Find a particular saying or quote to wake up to daily that will motivate you. For example, one of my clients used, “Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.” It was here favourite quote and it kept her going!
4. Are you consuming more calories then you are active? Get active and check your calorie intake. You may be consuming more calories than your body needs or maybe not consuming enough.
5. Reward yourself with a day spa, a massage, a new dress, or something just for you that is not food related.
6. Avoid eating out at restaurants. Try to preplan and prepare your meals from home. Have the occasional dining out left to weekends.
7. Be around like minded people who will support you and not sabotage your goals. They are the ones that normally say, “Go on, one piece of cake won’t hurt.” The reality is, that one piece of cake will not lead you any steps closer to your goal, so best to commit your time to discipline and not commit a crime to indulging.
8. Lift weights! I don’t mean lift heavy. I mean lift challenging weights. The ones that will make you break a sweat and build muscle.
9. Keep your workouts mixed and challenging. Incorporate circuits, cardio, weight and functional training to help you shed that extra weight or sculpt your body the way you want.
10. Don’t give up! Consistency is key. You can’t try one week and give up the next. You have to be accountable for over the next 4 to 12 weeks and make health and fitness a lifestyle that will continue with you everywhere you go.
1. Breastfeed – Nursing will help you to regain your figure more quickly, since the process of lactation causes the uterus,which has increased during pregnancy to about 20 times its normal size, to shrink more quickly to its pre-pregnancy size. “
2. Sleep when your baby sleeps.
3. The most important fluid you’ll need to drink is water. Drink plenty of it!
4. Avoid skipping meals and eat well. Include protein at every meal. 2 to 3 fruits and 3 to 5 servings of vegetables daily. Eat only good carbs including sweet potatoes, brown rice or pasta, brown bread and oatmeal has great fuelling power.
5. Go outside daily. Nothing like fresh air after being cooped up indoors washing baby bottles and changing diapers.
6. Try not to be a Super Mom! Multitask but don’t think everything has to be done in one day. There is always tomorrow.
7. As soon as the doctor gives you clearance, join a Fitness class. Be around people who will motivate you and you’ll get back to pre-pregnancy shape in no time.
8. Get 15 minutes of sunlight daily. A nice tan, always makes you feel better and look a few kilos lighter.
9. Lift weights. Cardio is a great way to shed all those extra kilos but lifting weights is a sure way to sculpt, lift, tone and tighten all those loose areas including arms, tummy, butt and thighs.
10. Give yourself time. Be patient. Allow your body to return back to what it once was with time. The cliche’, “9 months up/ 9 months down”, stands true. Some may need more time then others. Give yourself that time.