10 TIPS FOR BACK PAIN RELIEF
Please seek the medical advice of your Doctor for your lower back pain, especially if the pain is more then you can bare and has been existing for some time. I did! The following 10 tips have helped me! I hope they can help you too!
1. STRETCH! Tight muscles especially in your hips and hamstrings can lead to lower back pain. Be sure to stretch daily, as well as before and after exercise! I highly recommend including yoga practice into your daily life or at least once or twice a week. You’ll start to feel the benefits immediately. I did!
2. ICE IT or HEAT IT and put the pack on for at least 10 to 15 minutes to ease back pain. Localised cooling shuts down capillaries and reduces blood flow to the area in pain which helps ease swelling. Heat packs also help by loosening tight muscles and increases circulation by bringing oxygen to the rescue! I love using both options as recommended by my doctor.
3. RETHINK YOUR MATTRESS. Number of studies have suggested that people with lower back pain who sleep on medium firm mattresses do better then those with firm beds. If your mattress is more then 6 to 8 years old it might be time to get a new one!
4. EXERCISE. Surprisingly enough, when done correctly exercise can benefit your lower back problems. Moving and getting your blood to circulate all over, will not only help you feel good inside and out, but will also help make that lower back feel a little bit better.
5. SLEEP. Less then 6 hours of sleep a night is just not enough. Our bodies need at least up to 8 hours daily just to rejuvenate, heal and perform better. Manage your time and manage trying to get to bed a little earlier every night just for you! You’ll thank yourself later.
6. ELIMINATE OR LESSON YOUR STRESS LEVELS. Stress is a surprising culprit and can be taxing on your body physically and mentally and especially on your lower back. Try to lesson and remove anything that isn’t necessary in your life. Relieve yourself of extra stress and relax.
7. MASSAGE. Don’t we all deserve a well needed massage? Be sure to get one from a reputable clinic or sports massage therapist who will understand your problem and lower back issues.
8. ELECTRO THERAPY. My Doctor recommended this and at first I was a bit sceptical about it. It helps in managing pain and promoting tissue healing! It has helped alleviate my lower back pain in more ways then one and I am so happy I am aware of its benefits now.
9. REST. If the pain is more then you can bare its either time you seek medical advice or recheck your daily activities. You might be doing more then your body can manage. Its ok to rest for a few days and slowly move back into your daily things.
10. WARM BATH OR HOT SHOWER. You won’t regret that feeling of dipping into a nice warm bath to soothe all those aches and pains including your lower back pain.
* * *